W2 Experts offers a full range of individual, small-business and estate tax preparation services.

Individual and small business tax preparation

Multiple-state and out-of-state tax returns

Federal and state electronic filing

Tax planning, including retirement plan distributions and rollovers

Business formations, including LLC’s, corporations, and non-profit organizations

IRS problem resolution, including responses to IRS notices, amended prior year tax returns, and innocent spouse applications. Our staff is experienced in helping individuals who have not filed tax returns in one or more years.

Documentation Required

Preparing For Tax Time

Below you will find a comprehensive list of what you will need to gather to be fully prepared for filing. Forms and more information can be found at www.irs.gov.

Personal Data

Social Security Numbers (including spouse and children)

Child care provider: Name, address and tax I.D. or Social Security Number

Alimony paid: Social Security Number

Employment & Income Data

W-2 forms for this year
Unemployment compensation: Forms 1099-G
Miscellaneous income including rent: Forms 1099-MISC
Partnership, S Corporation, & trust income: Schedules K-1
Pensions and annuities: Forms 1099-R
Social Security/RR1 benefits: Forms RRB-1099

Homeowner/Renter Data

Residential address(es) for this year
Mortgage interest: Form 1098
Sale of your home or other real estate: Form 1099-S
Second mortgage interest paid
Real estate taxes paid
Rent paid during tax year
Moving expenses

Financial Assets

Interest income statements: Form 1099-INT & 1099-OID
Dividend income statements: Form 1099-DIV
Proceeds from broker transactions: Form 1099-B
Retirement plan distribution: Form 1099-R

Financial Liabilities

Auto loans and leases (account numbers and car value) if vehicle used for business
Student loan interest paid
Early withdrawal penalties on CDs and other time deposits

Documentation Required

Personal property tax information

Below you will find a comprehensive list of what you will need to gather to be fully prepared for filing. Forms and more information can be found at www.irs.gov.


Gifts to charity (qualified written statement from charity for any single donations of $250 or more)
Unreimbursed expenses related to volunteer work
Unreimbursed expenses related to your job (travel expenses, uniforms, union dues, subscriptions)
Investment expenses
Job-hunting expenses
Job-related education expenses
Child care expenses
Medical Savings Accounts
Adoption expenses
Alimony paid

Self-employment Data

Business income: Forms 1099-MISC and/or own records
Partnership SE income: Schedules K-1
Business-related expenses: Receipts, other documents & own records
Farm-related expenses: Receipts, other documents & own records
Employment taxes & other business taxes paid for current year: Payment records

Miscellaneous Tax Documents

Federal, state & local estimated income tax paid for current year: Estimated tax vouchers, cancelled checks & other payment records
IRA, and other retirement plan contributions: If self-employed, identify as for self or employees
Records to document medical expenses
Records for any other expenditures that may be deductible
Records for any other revenue or sales of property that may be taxable or reportable